Batu Kawan Stadium, Seberang Perai Pulau Pinang
Time & Date
7 July 2024
4.00am - 8.00am
21km, 10km, 6.6km
Long considered a quiet agricultural backwater, Batu Kawan is undergoing rapid development, which was sparked by the completion of the Second Penang Bridge that connects the town with Batu Maung on Penang Island in 2014. A host of multinational firms, including Boston Scientific, Western Digital Corporation, Bose Corporation, Dexcom and Bosch, have set up manufacturing plants within the Batu Kawan Industrial Park. In addition, Batu Kawan is home to Design Village, Malaysia's largest outlet mall.
Among the ongoing developments within Batu Kawan are an IKEA store, Aspen Vision City and Utropolis, the latter of which is expected to serve as a hub for tertiary education.
The agricultural village of Batu Kawan had been in existence since the 19th century, when the area was home to sugar, coconut and rubber estates. In particular, sugar plantations in the area had been run by Chinese settlers as early as 1796. Granite was extracted from the area as well; the granite was then sent across the Penang Strait to George Town on tongkangs departing from the Batu Musang Jetty.
In 1990, the Penang Development Corporation (PDC), a statutory body of the Penang state government, acquired 6,000 hectares (60 km2) of land in Batu Kawan. The Penang State Stadium, completed in 2000, was one of the first development projects undertaken by the PDC, followed by the Batu Kawan Industrial Park and the Penang Science Park.
In 2008, the Malaysian federal government commenced the construction of the Second Penang Bridge, which links Batu Kawan with Batu Maung on Penang Island. The completion of the bridge in 2014 proved to be a catalyst to Batu Kawan's contemporary development, with the town being touted as "Penang's third satellite township" after Bayan Baru on the island and Seberang Jaya in Central Seberang Perai. In 2012, the PDC launched the Bandar Cassia residential development, which is modelled after Singapore's Housing and Development Board schemes. This was soon followed by larger property developments, such as Utropolis and Aspen Vision City.
Location: Stadium Negeri Batu Kawan, 14100 Simpang Ampat, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Registration Fee for Different Categories
Flag Off, Cut Off Time for Different Categories
1. The participant needs to be 13 &18 years old and above on the race days.
2. Age calculation is based on the date of the event.
3. Registration Fees are exclusive of online processing fee.
4. Once the registration is completed and payment has been made, the entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE and NON-DEFERRABLE
5. For any change of size of Tee shirt, change of category and Bib Transfer before 15th Nov 2023, please
6. Prize money will be given.
RACE ENTRY PACK COLLECTION
Date: Sat 6th July 2024
Time: 10am - 7pm
Venue: To be advised
time of day
Arrival of runners
Race briefing, VIP speech
Half Marathon - Flag Off
10km Flag Off
Fun Run 6.6km Flag Off
1st runners arrive (10km/21km)
Prize presentation ceremony
Last runners arrive
1. Penang Half Marathon is open to the general public, including international runners with valid passport;
2. Race entry fees are non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-deferrable;
3. Change of category or other details will not be allowed after race entry has been confirmed. If the Participant wish, he/she can make another new registration to change to another category;
5. The Organizers reserve the right to limit, accept or reject any entries without prior notice and reasons;
6. The Organizers reserve the right to close the entries before the announced deadline without any notice or when the quota for the allocated slots have been fully taken up;
7. Bib transfer is strictly prohibited. Those who are found to have run the race using bibs of other runners will be disqualified and the Organizers reserve the right to ban these runners from Penang Half Marathon in future;
8. Participant must display his/her bibs in front of his/her bodies at all times. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from the race;
9. The Organizers reserve the right to prevent/stop a Participant from racing or continuing to race should he/she fail to follow the rules and regulation of the race;
10. Change in sizes during the race entry pack collection is strictly not allowed. Participant must adhere to the race event tee shirt sizes that he/she has registered for;
11. Participant must follow marshals' instruction and run on the designated route, failing which he/she will be disqualified from the race;
12. Whilst the organizers will take every possible steps and measures to ensure the safety of the Participant, the Participant is taking part at his/her entire own risks and the Organizers, their sponsors, their appointed officials and volunteers shall not be liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, suffered or otherwise and however arising;
13. The Organizers reserve the right to stop any Participants from continuing with the race if the participants are deemed to be physically incapable of continuing with the race, so as to avoid causing him/her greater harm/injury to himself or herself;
14. The Organizers reserve the right to change the event date and event venue at their own discretion;
15. The Organizers reserve the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising;
16. Participants must agree to receive from the organizers from time to time emails, SMS blast. Any notice sent by email from The Organizers or the party assigned by the Organizers to the supplied address on the registration form shall be assumed as received by the Participant.
17. Age verification- all winners must provide identification card (IC) or passport for age and identity verification at Race Secretariat within 15 minutes after they finish their races.
18. Should there be any protests on the official results, Participants must write in with evidence to The Organizers within 30 minutes after the official results are announced, with a protest fees of RM 200 in cash (non refundable if the protest is not upheld).
19. The Organizers reserve the right to delay the commencement of the race in the event of inclement weather or any form of acts of God (haze, flood, lightning, thunderstorm, typhoons and etc). Should the above mentioned conditions persist after the delay, deemed to be unsafe or impossible to proceed, the Organizers reserve the right to cancel the race without any refunds of fees or donations paid unless the Organizers have considerations to give a refund and The Organizers shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
20. The organizers reserve the right to amend the Rules & Regulations without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
21. Completion of the registration form and payment indicate that the Participant's agreement to abide by the above rules and regulation of the race.
18- 30 Sep 2023
1 Oct 2023- 31st May 2024
1 - 15 June 2024